June 12, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.3]
• Tweaked client settings for improved performance. We are currently investigating an issue that drives up RAM usage on some computers.
• Fixed some of our diagnostic information to improve logging client crash reports. This will allow us to track down crashes much faster!
• Improved tools for Cast Member Toons to better serve Toontown.
• The CEO reigns no longer! Fixed a bug causing Toons to get stuck after being squished by the CEO.
• Battle Races will no longer start with less than two Toons on the starting block.
• Fixed a district crash caused by using an Anvil after all racers had already finished.
• Fixed a district crash caused by a client disconnecting unexpectedly before the Toontorial starts.
• Fixed a bug in one of the Bossbot Golf Course Mazes which subtracted Laff from Toons before the timer expired.
• Fixed a bug relating to friend management that would occasionally cause lag spikes and district crashes.
• Added additional safe districts during Mega-Invasions.
• Implemented a number of solutions to stop cheating during races in Goofy Speedway.
• Racing logic will soon be completely rewritten soon to mend some of the bugs that have been left over from Alpha, making racing more fun for everyone!
May 16, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.2]
• Upgraded server engine to the latest version, which should fix many server issues that have popped up over the past few weeks. We hope that you are able to play without interruption!
• Implemented various stability and performance improvements.
• Implemented "District Draining", a feature that can seamlessly move players from one district to another in the event that a district needs to be restarted or shut down. This will allow us to perform maintenance on districts without interrupting gameplay.
• Updated an easter egg for programmers and engineers, found in phase_3.
• Fisherman Lilly is back from vacation! The pond on Maple Street is in service once again.
• Fixed a bug from the last update that would drastically drive up memory usage while playing.
• Fixed a district reset relating to Doodles.
• Fixed a district reset relating to Estates.
• Added proper collisions to a number of buildings in Toontown Central to prevent "grey area" glitches.
• Mended a few broken textures and models in Minnie's Melodyland playground.
• Corrected positioning of the lamps by the pond in Donald's Dreamland playground.
• The Clerk Clara tutorial now only plays once, even if the Toontorial Trolley ToonTask has not been turned in.
• Fixed an issue that would prevent Toons from progressing through the tutorial if they had received a Gag-Up Unite.
• Toons can no longer enter any playground building until completing the Toontorial Trolley ToonTask.
• Toons who managed to "break out" of Toontown Central to a different playground during the Toontorial can now return to Toontown Central without getting stuck. All glitches to break out of Toontown Central during the Toontorial should now be patched.
• Fixed a bug that would get Toons stuck while completing the Toontorial ToonTasks in Welcome Valley.
• Fixed a bug that completed the wrong ToonTasks when skipping the Toontorial.
• Fixed an issue that made fish shadows invisible in Daisy Gardens and Donald's Dreamland.
• Added proper collisions to the Cog Thief minigame, stopping Toons from walking through some walls.
• Fixed a few collision issues in Bossbot Cog Golf Courses to prevent Toons from skipping areas or getting stuck.
• Nametags now scale at a larger distance, allowing them to be viewed from further away.
• Winter accessory textures have been tweaked slightly for a better appearance.
• The Portable Hole is now completely rounded and no longer has pixelation around the edges.
• The CEO now attacks in a randomly scheduled order, making his attacks more fun and less predictable.
• Banquet Tables in the CEO battle now have animation and sound effects when being squished.
• Cover your ears, and feed them quick! The CEO and his Bossbots now discuss a bunch of boring business during the banquet.
April 10, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.0]
• Doodles have arrived, and they're here to stay! Adopt a Doodle TODAY at your local Pet Shop.
• Doodles have received many performance and maintenance improvements compared to their state in Toontown Online!
• Massively rewrote Doodle movement in order to prevent server lag in popular districts.
• Fixed a visual bug on The Brrrgh's Toon HQ.
• Fixed positioning of the telescope on the Donald's Dreamland Toon HQ.
• Objects in Donald's Dreamland no longer clip with the sky when being viewed from far away.
April 3, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.14.1]
• Added several instrumentation systems to help us better understand crashes and performance issues.
• Fixed a couple of conditions that would cause our account management server to crash and have to restart.
• Slightly improved game stability for macOS users who choose to play with audio enabled. Hang tight, we're working on a full fix!
• Fixed a crash that occurs when a Windows user clicks the "Open Folder" button in their Shticker Book.
• Fixed a crash that occurs when opening the mailbox with a gift from a Toon you are no longer friends with.
• Fixed a server crash that occurs when battling a Cog after trying to take too many Toontasks via a glitch.
• Fixed a server crash that occurs when logging out in a Cog Golf Course.
• Tweaked a few more models to reduce the amount of glitches caused by April Toons Week gravity changes.
• Improved appearance of buildings when floating in the air due to April Toons Week gravity changes.
• Toons now react at the appropriate time to a pink slip's cannon.
April 1, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.14.0]
• Major Maintenance Upgrade! The technical team has spent several months ripping out the old code and reworking our client and server build process. This is a major upgrade that streamlines the behind-the-scenes update process, and further stabilizes the game.
• Upgraded to the latest version of Panda3D and Astron.
• We're polishing the gears and cleaning up the old pie gunk! This update introduces various performance improvements, code cleanup, and stability enhancements.
• Improved detection and moderation of non-family friendly chat.
• Fixed a number of memory leaks that hindered game performance over time.
• Fixed a bug that made doors sometimes difficult to enter.
• Prevented a method that allowed Toons to wear Cog disguises in Playground areas.
• Fixed a rare game crash in the C.F.O. boss battle.
• Golf balls now properly slow down the C.E.O. in the final round of the boss battle.
• Fixed a game crash when trying to fire a Cog before it has joined battle.
• Fixed a district crash when ordering items in the Cattlelog at a friend's Estate.
• Tweaked a number of models to reduce the amount of glitches caused by April Toons Week gravity changes.
• Improved appearance of buildings when floating in the air due to April Toons Week gravity changes.
• Adjusted the appearance of some of the winter clothing and accessory items.
• APRIL FOOLS! It's the silliest week of the year, and Toontown has gone wild! Enjoy tons of craziness throughout the week.
• The Pet Shop is open once again! Loony Labs has set up shop inside and needs your help to figure out what's going on with Toontown's silliness.
• Gadzooks! The gravity in playgrounds is going berserk!
• Meow? Woof? Oink? Toon sounds and bodies are all jumbled up as a result of April Toons Week!
• With all of this craziness in Toontown, there's no telling what other surprises are in store...
December 10, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.3]
• Minor changes to various cutscenes in the Toontorial for better player experience.
• HQ Harry has an improved cutscene in the Toontorial.
• Transparency for the ToonFest glasses has slightly changed.
• Various typo fixes and dialogue improvements throughout the game.
• Fix an exploit which allowed players to create a loud sound by spamming animations or SpeedChat phrases.
• Fix a bug that prevented players from clicking Tutorial Tom's speech bubbles in the Toontorial.
• Eliminate visual stuttering for the Toontorial Flunky.
• The Toontorial Battle no longer clips with the edge of the sidewalk.
• A number of Toontorial ToonTasks now properly zoom in to the NPC.
• Fixed lack of widescreen support for the "Make a Friend" ToonTask GUI.
• Street props will now always display in Toontown Central. A previous bug made them only appear after visiting a street.
• Fix a bug causing both Toon HQ doors to display arrows in the margins
• The final battle of the CEO now plays the correct music.
• Fix a bug which caused nametags to be unclickable during the final battle of the CEO.
• Fix a bug which caused the VP to stop moving after being ran into while stunned.
December 1, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.2]
• Double Days and Double Tokens -- ToonFest has been extended through the weekend to allow you to make some last minute purchases!
• Fix a number of exploits relating to the Teleport GUI.
• Graphic Options GUI now closes when the Shtickerbook is closed.
• Fix a crash when sleeping at a picnic table.
• Cannon collisions have been updated for better gameplay.
• Toon shadows now properly appear after landing from a cannon.
• Shorten Black Friday holiday whisper.
November 25, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.1]
• Fix a long-standing crash with HQ Officers in Donald's Dock.
• ToonFest Cannons have been fixed for better gameplay!
• Fix capitalization on the unites SpeedChat menu.
• Fix a bug causing jerky movements when hitting a ToonFest Cog dummy.
• Fix incorrect texture being loaded for ToonFest token bags.
• Nametags now display correctly in areas with Picnic Tables.
• Fix transparency for some glasses accessories which weren't loading correctly.
• Increase ToonFest token bag amount to 20 tokens.
• Bean Bags now display how many beans or tokens have been earned when redeemed.
• The ToonFest Tower has opened its doors with brand new prizes, as well as many loved items from last year!
• Merry Multipliers are here! Head over to the booth to the right of the ToonFest tower to use your tokens on gag and promotion experience.
• Riggy Marole is here! He'll be walking around the ToonFest area to talk to Toons throughout the remainder of the event with brand new animation.
• ToonFest will close its doors for the year on December 2nd! Any features not yet released have been saved for next year's celebration.
October 28, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.0 (patch)]
• Halloween is upon us! The Spooktown Curse has returned, giving Toons who get treats a little trick as well until November 1st.
• Spooky Bean Bags are scattered throughout the town. Pick one up to get a spooky spell, but beware -- the results are not always quite as sweet as candy!
• Macs now display a warning about the audio bug. A fix for this crash is in the works!
• ToonFest Fireworks now spawn correctly.
October 4, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.0 (patch)]
• Server stability improvements.
• Solve a major server bug resulting in failure of friend lists, estates, and general login for some Toons.
• The Pie Purchase booth has made a debut in ToonFest! Flippy and his pie stand have packed up and left for a while.
• Some newly created Toons may be unable to visit their estate. A fix for this is in the works! We recommend emailing email@example.com with your username and names of broken Toons so we can collect more information on the problem.
September 30, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.0]
• ToonFest 2016 has opened its gates!
• Trimmed the trees to make ToonFest a lot more spacious.
• Optimized the area for better performance.
• More activities are hidden in this update... They'll appear in ToonFest in the days to come!
• ToonFest will last until October 26th. Prizes are coming soon, so stock up on tokens!
• Cog nametags now appear exactly as they did in Disney's Toontown Online.
• Miscellaneous maintenance and bugfixes.
September 20, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.1 (patch)]
• Toontown Rewritten should now work on macOS Sierra (10.12). Thank you for your patience!
July 17, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.1]
• Mac and Linux versions of the game are now working again. Thank you for your patience with this engine update!
• Various code cleanup and optimization to prepare for future releases.
• Fix an engine issue when reaching the final round of the C.E.O.
• Fix a crash relating to gardening.
• Fix a crash relating to gifting.
• Fix a long-standing bug where the phone was impossible to access until moving it at your estate.
• Fix an issue with teleporting to estates from another district.
• Fix a crash in DA Offices when attempting to solve a laser puzzle.
• Fix the particle effect when receiving a new gag or gardening item.
• Fix an issue where gag trees could not be harvested.
• Improve client side performance in Bossbot HQ.
• You can now press F10 to take a screenshot that includes debug information. This is useful when sending them to our support!
• Some players may experience crashes relating to audio on Macs. As a temporary solution, disable music and sound effects in the game settings to play without issue.
• Reports have come in that golf balls aren't doing a very good job at slowing down the C.E.O. -- we suggest sticking to the tables until the issue is resolved!
July 1, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.0]
• OMG!Con items have been added!
• New music has been added for DA Offices, Mints, and the final area of each Cog Golf Course.
• New music has also been added to shops in Daisy Gardens.
• New GUI options have been added so that clothing patterns and colors are separate in the Make-a-Toon and clothing shops.
• "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks can now be picked up no matter which tasks you are working on. For example, during Bossbot HQ suit part tasks.
• Every Toon now has a unique "Toon ID" listed on their detail panel. Even if Toons look similar or sport the same name, their Toon IDs will differ! You can use this to find friends, report Toons, and keep track of who's who on your friends list.
• Clicking on the new delivery button will now prompt you before taking you to your estate.
• You can now scroll through Shtickerbook pages using your mouse wheel.
• Make-a-Toon clothing has brand new colors!
• All Make-a-Toon shirts are now available for both genders. Girls can wear stripes!
• When doing Lawbot or Bossbot disguise ToonTasks, you can now get your next task by talking to Professor Flake or Shep Ahoy directly rather than going to Toon HQ first.
• Flippy has returned to behind his desk in Toon Hall! He just wanted to greet everyone at the door.
• Fix crashes relating to the Toontorial.
• The victory dance no longer plays at a slowed rate after using the "Resistance Salute" animation.
• Fix an issue where players would get stuck during a DA Office. Please let us know if you continue to experience this bug!
• MAJOR Update: We've completed some massive engine improvements to reduce crashing and increase security. We hope you find Toontown to be much more fun with the added stability!
• Various performance improvements.
May 11, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.11.8]
• Revert a VP boss battle bugfix due to it causing an issue with the CFO. This fix will return shortly.
• Fix a crash relating to SOS card deletion.
May 7, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.11.7]
• Various housekeeping updates.
• Fix an issue where the V.P. would unstun after running into him.
• Fix a crash when returning to the Pick-a-Toon screen after exiting or falling asleep.
• Loony Lab's lease of the Pet Shop has expired. They're empty as ever!
• SOS cards can now be deleted. In the future you'll be able to hold them all, so use the delete button carefully!
• SOS cards are now sorted by rarity.
• When using a restock gags SOS or Unite, gags will now be distributed based on your last purchase. If you didn't purchase the maximum amount of gags you can hold, they will then be randomly distributed starting with the higher gags.
• Toons Hit/Cogs Miss SOS cards now have 3, 4, and 5 star editions. The 5 star edition will last for three rounds, 4 star will last for two rounds, and 3 star will last for one round.
March 15, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.11.4]
• Happy Pi(e) Day! Make sure you visit Flippy’s Pie Stand in Toontown Central and take some pie off his hands!
• We have a St. Patrick's Day surprise in store!
• Fixed a crash relating to Polar effect transformation.
• Fixed a bug that allowed Toons to have 101 friends (1 above the maximum).
• Fixed an issue where the Toon Rewrite button wasn’t appearing while the Toon’s name was pending review.
• Fixed a bug where C.F.O. treasures were not properly spawning when a goon was disabled.
• Miscellaneous internal fixes.
December 17, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.11.1]
• Implement events for Toontown's 12 Days of Winter 2015. We hope you like them!
• Various fixes and code improvement.
December 7, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.11.0]
• Chip ’n Dale’s MiniGolf is open to all!
• The new Laff point limit is 136.
• Added a new “Name Rewrite” item to the special area of Clarabelle's Cattlelog. Toons can now rename themselves -- but only once per year. It's better to stick with your own name, after all! (Note: You’ll have to wait until your next Cattlelog before you see this item in the Special tab.)
• Fixed a district reset caused by exiting the Mint during an obstacle course.
• Fixed an issue with players being unable to enter the maze games in the Bossbot Cog Golf Courses.
• Fixed sound volume scaling on certain objects such as the Cashbot trains and Toon sound effects.
• Various code cleanup and tool enhancements.
November 24, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.10]
• Fix glitches in the Cashbot Mint and Lawbot DA offices that allowed players to skip battles and puzzles.
• Fix a few visual glitches relating to Toon eyes.
• Fix an issue where nametags and shadows may disappear in Cog Golf Courses.
• It is now easier to see Toon speech during Boss Battles.
• Collisions have been slightly tweaked for better gameplay.
• Implement new means of escape! To make sure no Toon gets left behind, some obstacles now have a timer that will reveal a shortcut when it hits zero. You won't get left behind if you can't complete a puzzle, but you may lose some Laff and a few rewards.
October 25, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.7]
• Toontown has turned into SPOOKtown! The skies have grown dark from Jack O' Kazam's yearly curse!
• Trick or Treat Week is in full swing! From now until November 1st, you can solve the riddles to earn yourself a load of Jellybeans -- but beware the Pumpkin Head Curse.
• Jack O' Kazam has "lost" all of his Spooky Bean Bags, but can we trust him? These rare bags are scattered all over Toontown. Pick one up to receive your own Spooky Spell to share with friends, but beware -- the results are not always quite as sweet as candy!
October 20, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.5]
• ToonFest is gone for this year. We hope you had fun!
• Fix a few minor issues with the new "ToonFest Blue" color.
• Fix various server-side issues and code cleanup.
September 27, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.4]
• Party all day, and party all night -- the sun now sets on ToonFest every hour!
• The ToonFest Fireworks Finale is here! Check the blog for a schedule.
• Flippy and Fluffy have made their way into ToonFest!
• ToonFest activities now give a more balanced (INCREASED!) amount of tokens.
• Fix an issue with the Tag Game spawning Bean Bags.
• Fix crashes relating to Trampolines.
• Fix a bug allowing Toons to reach impossible heights on trampolines.
• Add a check to prevent pesky Toons from "farming" Bean Bags.
September 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.3]
• Riggy has scattered Bean Bags throughout ToonFest, an idea by Taylor -- our "Prep for ToonFest" contest winner!
• Trampolines now use ToonFest tokens rather than jellybeans.
• Add a new sound effect for ToonFest tokens.
• Increase visibility of fish shadows in the ToonFest pond.
September 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.2]
• Fix ToonFest Token conversion for fishing.
• Fix a district reset relating to ToonFest activities.
• Properly play the ToonFest theme music when logging out of the game.
September 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.1]
• Fix miscellaneous bugs relating to ToonFest.
September 19, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.0]
• ToonFest 2015 has opened its gates!
The ToonFest Grounds have received a slight makeover.
• Confetti is falling from the tower!
• Trampolines and Cannons have been scattered throughout the area, with more activities to come.
• The ToonFest fishing pond is now the only pond in Toontown to give out ToonFest Tokens!
• ToonFest will last until October 19th, and more activities will be added throughout it. Stay TOONed!
• Toons now continue running when throwing pies.
• Miscellaneous maintenance and bugfixes.
August 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.15]
• Add missing dialogue to the end of Lord Lowden Clear's second Storm Sellbot ToonTask.
• Storm Sellbot ToonTasks can now be deleted.
• Storm Sellbot has been extended until August 30th!
• Add "That's not very Toony!" SpeedChat phrase.
• After defeating a VP in Storm Sellbot, you'll now be taken back to Sellbot HQ's Resistance Outpost.
• Five new ToonTasks have been added to Storm Sellbot -- one from each of the Resistance Rangers, and two from Lord Lowden Clear. Go see the new rewards, including Level 7 SOS cards!
August 2, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.10]
• Toon Resistance gag barrels in Sellbot Headquarters are now active. No need to run back to the playground during the operation!
• Rental Suits are now available. Enter the entrance to Sellbot Towers and fight the VP, even if you're a newbie!
• The Vice President is running low on Cogs for his fleet. Defeating him is easier than ever!
July 15, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.8]
• Gifting has arrived! Toons are now able to send Toontastic gifts from their Cattlelog to others on their friends list.
• Loyalty items in the back of your Cattlelog are now able to be purchased by Toons who have shown their Toontown spirit long enough! Some Toons may experience "weird" timings until they receive their next cattlelog.
• The district "Pianissimo Plains" was renamed to "Pianissimo Plateau", and "Easel Acres" was renamed to "Avant Gardens".
• Fixed a bug where Laff Meters would remain above your head after going Sad in a CEO Battle.
• Fixed treasure models loading incorrectly in the CFO Battle.
• Fixed various visual glitches around town, including flicking door textures.
• Updated our engine to its latest version.
• Fixed a crash relating to the Acorn Acres picnic tables.
• Fixed a few dialogue typos.
• Various chat moderation improvements.
June 23, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.6]
• Added brand new ToonFest 2015 swag! Redeemable codes distributed at OMGcon will now work in your Shticker Book!
• Don't feel left out if you weren't able to attend, because everyone will be able to claim some of the ToonFest 2015 swag for a limited time!
• Fixed some users not being able to redeem codes for ToonFest 2014 apparel.
• Cleaned up Fish Bingo so it no longer causes a resource leak on Districts.
• Fixed an issue where spamming the Control key in the Toontown Match Game would disconnect you.
• Removed the '\x03' character from Cog names when they appear in the Invasions API.
• Expanded the capacity of the Attic such that it can hold 100 items.
• Fixed an issue where Cattlelogs would not be delivered often enough.
• Fixed the red flag on the mailbox not reacting to a new delivery.
• Fixed a glitch with the DA Office "Avoid the Skull" minigame.
• Fixed the red quit button erroneously showing on an NPC's chat bubble as another player finishes talking to them.
• Updated the SpeedChat+ whitelist.
June 2, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.5]
• Added the limited-time "Twelfth Topper" party hat to celebrate Toontown's 12th birthday!
• Celebrate Toontown's 12th birthday with hourly fireworks in every playground!
• Rolled back the experimental DA Office/Cog Golf Course fix.
• Turned on extra logging for Cog Golf Courses to help us diagnose the issues that some players are having.
• Various moderation tool improvements.
June 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.4]
• Fixed an occasional district reset bug caused by leaving your estate.
• Applied an experimental fix for Mint/DA Office/Cog Golf Course corruption.
• Updated our latest chat filter pass to reduce the amount of false positives.
• Tweaked the behavior of chat bubbles when choosing gags in a battle. They should now be forced to the margin.
• Cleaned up various NPC dialogue.
• Improved various moderation tools.
May 10, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.1]
• Activate the tunnel between Chip n' Dale's Minigolf and Bossbot Headquarters.
• You will now rotate if you jump on the spinning gears near the BBHQ Oil Fountain. Watch out for the Cog's sticky oil, though!
• Lowered Laff requirements for the Middle Six and Back Nine.
• Reduced the number of Cogs roaming the Bossbot Courtyard.
• Lowered the maximum number of Toons in a District at once for more diversity.
• Added minor graphical improvements to Bossbot HQ.
• Version 2.0 status is now displayed in the Battle GUI.
• Added a 4K resolution option to the Shtiker Book!
• Add sound effects to Bossbot Headquarters.
• Mata Hairy and Good Ol' Gil Giggles now have their proper look.
• Fix the incorrect message being displayed to Toons who try to enter the CEO Lobby without their Bossbot Cog Disguise.
• Fix misaligned "Executive Office Tower" sign.
• Fix the Oil Fountain not causing damage to Toons who jump in it.
• Experimental fix for Cog Golf Course/District Attorney's Office/Cashbot Mint crashes.
• Fix a bug where Bossbot Headquarters would remain loaded even after a Toon has left.
• Fix a crash relating to the Acorn Acres picnic/game tables.
May 3, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.0]
• Bossbot Headquarters has been discovered! (as well as completely overhauled by our art team!)
• Cogs now roam Bossbot HQ.
• Catch object data mismatches in the DA Offices.
• Fix getting stuck talking to an NPC when another Toon talks to the NPC at the same time.
• Improve chat filtering.
• Security updates.
April 14, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.11]
• Improve backend features and stability.
• Fix various crashes occasionally encountered when entering doors.
• Fix a district reset relating to code redemption.
• Implement the 16th amendment.
April 11, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.10]
• Fix a crash that occurred when many people enter a Cog HQ door at once
• Fix another type of door crash
• Teleport access to a Cog HQ is now granted after earning a promotion from Level 12 to Level 13. If your suit is currently between Level 12 and 49, you will be granted teleport access after your next boss battle.
• At the request of many, all accessories can now be worn by all Toons!
• The Mystery Tunnel has reappeared! Apparently BBQHQ ran out of sauce...
April 5, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.9]
• Severe gravitational mishaps have been spotted in Toontown Central, Barbecue HQ, and other places around Toontown!
• Randomized Toon Effects now only affect Toons when they are in the Playground.
April 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.8]
• Released BBQHQ and C.H.E.F. banquet.
March 20, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.5]
• Double Bean Days are here! All jellybeans earned on the trolley will be doubled until Sunday at midnight Toontown Time.
• Added new abilities to our moderation backend.
• Modify how SpeedChat+ messages are sent. This should fix the 'Ignore' feature not working.
March 14, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.3]
• Server Engine Update! We've included some experimental major server stability improvements to test out throughout the weekend.
• Fix an exploit where Toons could receive unreleased "special" animations -- don't worry, they are being released soon!
• Fix a crash related to furniture.
• Fix Bingo card placement.
• Potentially fix garden growth for some players. Bear with us as we continue to investigate this issue.
• Clothing stores now accept Jellybeans once again.
March 6, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.2]
• Cogs now properly open and close Cog HQ doors when walking through them.
• Fix a crash relating to Tug-of-War.
• Fix incorrect textures for the O'Skirt and O'Shorts.
• The Chief Justice cutscene has received a Toon-up. Let us know what you think!
• Toons can now exit a Fishing dock by pressing the "escape" key.
• The whitelist has been updated once again with new words.
February 14, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.1]
• Cog HQ Factories now give the proper amount of Gag XP.
• Fix a bug where population values on the district page wouldn't update.
• Fix a bug where the Cog Level GUI would show incorrect Cogs.
• Fix a crash in the Toontorial relating to invasions.
• Fix a district reset relating to picnic tables.
• The "Bronze" color is now known as "Apricot."
• Slightly improve positioning of winter accessories.
• You can now click on your current district to view population and invasion status as well.
• Cog HQ Bosses will no longer unstun when a Toon bumps into them.
• Due to popular demand, winter accessories are back for a limited time in the Cattlelog!
February 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.0]
• Major Update: Our server engine has been updated! Long awaited bug-fixes, optimizations, and more have been applied to the server. We're in progress of overhauling our deployment system - expect more improvements to come.
• A long-time knockback bug, present since the beginning of Toontown Online, has now been fixed! Damage bonuses should be properly applied.
• Fix a few typos and odd phrasing in various places, as suggested by the community.
• Various performance and crash fixes.
• The rarity of fish has been slightly decreased, making fishing less of a chore while still challenging for veteran players.
* The animation when planting and watering flowers has been made faster.
• Cog HQ factories and bosses now receive a constant experience bonus regardless of an invasion, due to their increased difficulty. Invasion bonuses remain the same on streets and buildings.
• Toons now receive 2 SOS cards from a VP.
• Invasion summon amounts have been increased and now have varying amounts, resulting anywhere between 3,000 and 10,000 Cogs.
• The battle camera now adjusts to the height of the tallest Cog.
• Cog merit counts are now shown on the inventory page by pressing the "Home" hotkey.
• The whitelist has been updated once more with new words.
• More wacky, silly, and popular names have been added to the Pick-a-Name.
• Toontown has received 10 New Toon Colors for the very first time: Rose Pink, Ice Blue, Mint Green, Emerald, Teal, Bronze, Amber, Crimson, Dark Green, and Steel Blue. Go make a New Toon today!
• Toons now receive teleport access to Cog HQs upon reaching Level 50. If you're already Level 50, you'll have to defeat the boss one more time so the Toon Council can award it to you!
• If the building you need to visit for a ToonTask is a Cog Building, it will display in grey on the Street M.A.P.S.
• Once your Cog Radar is completed, Cog Buildings for that suit type will appear on the Street M.A.P.S.
• When dancing, the panel will now show if you have received bonus experience from the battle.
• Add an optional "Show Cog Levels" button to the Battle GUI, to display the opponent's level and health status.
• The district page has been redesigned! Population and invasion status is shown by clicking on a specific district.
• Toons can now purchase a "Rewrite Toon" item every 6 months to change their color or size for 10,000 beans. NOTE: Black cats and Polar bears will lose their effect by using this item!
January 15, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.7.17]
• Major Update! We've rewritten major parts of the code to give an immense performance boost to our servers. This will be continued further in the next update, so keep your eyes peeled for smooth performance on the horizon.
• Fix the estate phone animation occasionally not working.
• Miscellaneous bugfixes.
January 3, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.7.15]
Launcher (Windows and Linux):
• Major Update! - v1.2.0
• Greatly improve look and performance of the launcher.
• Fix a crash on some machines when Two-Step Login is enabled.
• Recent news is now displayed on Doctor Surlee's chalkboard.
• Cleanup for Estate Furniture Manager.
• Fix an issue where items couldn't be deleted from the attic at estates.
• Estate windows now work properly.
• The mailbox now shows an error if your attic, closet, or accessory trunk is too full.
• Toontown Rewritten is now available on all major Linux distributions!
December 30, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.12]
• Fixed an issue with the incorrect throw type being used in boss battles after using a special throw item.
• Fix an issue with gardening causing server instability.
• Fix a glitch where Toons could set their name to nothing.
• Special throw items (Pies, snowballs) can no longer be carried into boss battles. You'll blow our cover!
• The Winter Holiday is over for this year. We hope we made your holiday a little more cheerful!
• New Years festivities have begun! Fireworks will go off in every playground every hour until 11:59PM Toontown Time on January 2nd.
December 24, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.10]
• Clothing, furniture, and accessories are no longer deleted from the mailbox if your closet/attic/trunk is full.
• Further implement 12 days of winter events. Have you noticed the sudden spike in Polar Bears lately? I wonder what Doctor Surlee is up to on Toontorial Street...
December 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.9]
• A blanket of snow has covered Toontown!
December 21, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.8]
• Engine update for Mac OSX. Mac support is restored!
• Greatly improve framerate and performance on OSX.
• Fix a bug on OSX where one would have to "Force Quit" the game to close.
• Fix a district reset relating to code redemption.
• Update winter Pick-a-Toon to be better quality.
• Add a bunch of new winter clothing. Keep an eye out for it in the Cattlelog for the remainder of winter, as well as the years to come!
December 20, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.7]
• Further implement events for Toontown's Twelve Days of Winter. Keep an eye on the blog for new content!
• OS X users can now play Toontown again!
December 20, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.6]
• Further improve server stability after the exploit fix.
December 19, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.5]
• Cleanup for gardening.
• Improve logic for playground Toon-Ups.
• Improve client logging.
• Potentially fix an issue with certain gardens not growing.
• Fix a rare issue with estates not loading correctly.
• Fix an exploit where client-to-client Battle SOS whispers could be sent to all players in a zone.
• Fix an exploit where custom whispers could be sent to all players in a zone.
• Custom clients from other servers can no longer be connected to Toontown Rewritten.
NOTE: Toontown for OSX won't work in this version of Toontown Rewritten. Sorry for the issue, folks, but we need to fix a few things! We'll get it back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, we recommend running it via Bootcamp, Wine, or another machine with Windows installed.
December 17, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.4]
• Fix Cog HQ Elevators
• Fix throwing Evidence in the CJ
December 16, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.3]
• Fix a crash relating to the friend manager.
• Fix a bug where gardening laff boosts would disappear after logging out. (They've been restored!)
• Fix the "Last Seen" field on the Toon Detail Panel to display the proper date.
• Add a holiday look and theme song to the Pick-a-Toon.
• The Twelve Days of Toontown has begun! Check the blog every day for new events leading up to the most festive finale yet.
December 11, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.2]
• Flowers and Trees now grow at 12AM Toontown Time, rather than 10PM Toontown Time.
• Fix an occasional district reset with gardening when earning a Laff boost. We'll restore that Laff point for those who lost it in a later update!
• Fix a bug where some item codes were falsely expired.
• Fix a district reset relating to gardening growth time.
• Potentially fix a bug where the angry animation could be spammed heard very loud and repeatedly.
• Selling Flowers now gives you twice as many beans as it took to plant them. Enjoy the bonus!
• Implement rental items.
• Add 48 Hours of Cannons to the Cattlelog.
• Add a brand-new item: 48 Hours of Game Tables!
December 6, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.1]
• Improve server-side maintenance and caching of Gardens to reduce district load.
• Fix a bug relating to Gardening trophies.
• Fix a bug where loading would hang for far too long during teleportation.
December 6, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.7.0]
• Major Update! Rewrite the server-sided friends system for fixes and improved performance.
• Rewrite zone loading to be cleaner.
• Add new words to the whitelist. Tell us your suggestions!
• Add support for non-ToonFest code redemption.
• Fix an issue where friend lists would occasionally appear empty, or with some friends missing.
• Fix "The" being repeated twice in Invasion messages.
• Fix a district reset relating to winter Cattlelog Items.
• Wallpapers and floors can now be properly customized.
• Fix a crash on streets related to using certain gags.
• Fix a crash in Cog areas when hitting "F2".
• Toons now receive a whisper when a building they have rescued is taken over by the Cogs again.
• Fix a crash when entering an area with cog battles in progress.
• Gardening Kits can now be purchased from the Cattlelog.
• Implement organic gags.
• Implement statue decorations.
November 27, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.13]
• Automate the process of restoring deleted Toons.
• Reduce the frequency of crashing when entering buildings. (We're working on a bigger fix!)
• Clarabelle will be offering a special Black Friday promotion until next Friday!
November 26, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.12]
• Enable Doctor Surlee's "Toon-Rewritinfo" debug, courtesy of The Two.
November 23, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.10]
• Clean up old Holidays on the calendar.
• Fix a District Reset related to invasions.
November 25, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.11]
• Fix a typo in the Checkers game.
• Fix uncooperative treasures in the CFO.
• Fix a crash caused when non-ASCII characters were entered into the chat.
• Fix NPC nametags not always showing up.
• Fix a major bug where teleportation to a friend on a street would often fail.
November 21, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.9]
• Major code cleanup for Estates and Holidays.
• Improve server-side performance.
• Fix a bug where only 4 items could be ordered from Clarabelle's Cattlelog.
• Fix texture for the Tiara accessory.
• Fix a district reset related to the Toontorial.
• Fix a district reset related to zones.
• Fix a crash when spectating a Checkers game.
• Emote whispers are now shown in orange action whispers (For picnic tables currently) are still shown in purple.
• Implement Mega-Invasions. Skelecogs have taken over Toontown!
November 6, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.8]
• Temporarily revert server-sided engine update to fix bugs we've seen over the past few days.
• Code cleanup for Nametags.
• Nametags are now properly hidden on "trolley-bot" Cogs.
• Greatly improve accuracy of whisper and nametag clicking.
• Fix a crash relating to Cog Buildings on streets.
• Fix a bug where a new Toon could get stuck on the Trolley if they didn't earn any beans.
• Fix a bug where Trolley Tracks wouldn't count towards the "Ride the Trolley" ToonTask.
• When buying from the Cattlelog, beans are now taken from the Jellybean Bank rather than the Jellybean Jar.
• Implement "Welcome Valley" district.
November 2, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.7]
• Experimental server-sided engine update. Let us know if you see any oddities.
• Fix an issue with Toons being unable to remove accessories.
• Fix a typo in ToonTask dialogue.
• FIx the Cattlelog hangup button not being visible on smaller screen sizes.
October 29, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.6]
• Cleanup for Accessories.
• Fix a common crash on streets relating to elevators.
• Fix a crash when visiting the Golf Zone in Acorn Acres.
• Bloodsuckers have invaded Toontown with a Mega-Invasion!
• Due to popular demand, Pumpkin Heads will now stick around until the end of Trick or Treat week. This will happen with future event effects as well.
October 28, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.5]
• Fix a Jellybean exploit with Trick-or-Treating.
October 25, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.4]
• Implement the Holiday Manager for better event management. Get ready for a lot more events coming up soon!
• Add some spooky new decorations for Halloween.
• Trolley Tracks is back! Hop on the Trolley every Thursday for some Minigame fun.
• Bingo Wednesdays has also returned!
• Things are getting dark in Toontown... Is Jack O' Kazam's curse real?
• Grab some friends and solve the riddle to earn Jellybeans by Trick-or-Treating at six secret shops, but beware the Pumpkin Headed Curse!
October 23, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.3]
• Fix a server-sided engine issue
• Fix an issue where the mailbox would be accidentally cleared if the Toon had extra Accessory Trunks.
October 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.2]
• Major Accessories and Closet cleanup
• Fix a district reset relating to accessories
• Fix a bug where some Toons received too many Trunks in the mail
• Properly set accessories when logging back into the game
October 18, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.6.0]
• Improve chat logging
• Code cleanup for doors to improve performance and fix a few bugs
• Introduce a major server-sided engine update
• Fix a handful of major client crashes. You should notice a big improvement!
• Fix a server-sided memory leak relating to estates
• Accessories have arrived! Every Toon will receive a trunk in their mailbox after stopping by their house.
• Redo the art direction of accessories to improve the look and quality of many of them. Let us know what you think!
• Add two new Halloween Costumes: A Witch and a Jester!
October 10, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.15]
• Fix an issue with some Toons getting stuck on "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks.
• Double Experience Weekend now properly affects Cog Buildings.
October 10, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.14]
• Double Experience Weekend now affects invasions as well.
October 10, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.13]
• Engine update! You'll notice some significant performance improvements, along with a few other neat features.
• Patch up a major bug that would cause stuttering and freezing when a Toon is loaded into an area.
• Fix a few issues with the Laff corrector.
• Double Experience Weekend has begun!
• The Resistance Salute is now available by helping out a certain Whispering Willow in Donald's Dreamland...
• Abominable SnowToons have been spotted in the Brrrgh! I wonder if it has anything to do with that Polar Bear on Polar Place...
October 9, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.12]
• Turn on the experimental Laff corrector, a system used to prevent bugs and exploits relating to Laff points. Let us know if you have any oddities!
• Fix Toons that were missing a Laff point from fishing at the beginning of Beta.
• Fix Toons who received extra laff points via a now-patched racing exploit.
October 5, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.11]
• Implement some significant server-side performance improvements
• Fix a racing trophy bug causing some Toons to gain improper amounts of Laff. Don't worry, we fixed you up!
• Fix a mess of issues causing lag and database errors
October 3, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.9]
• Engine update! We've fixed a few bugs and improved performance further.
• Fix mismatched textures for Halloween clothing
• Fix an occasional crash when clicking on the Cattlelog button
• Tutorial Tom's chat bubble is no longer cut out of the screen in the Toontorial
• Tutorial Tom's legs are no longer missing after the Flunky battle
• Toons can no longer take over Shep Ahoy's shop with a Cog Building summons (ToonTask buildings aren't supposed to be able to be taken over by Toons!)
• Swap out a few Cattlelog SpeedChat phrases which are no longer required to be purchased
• Add a fishing pond to Acorn Acres, watched over by Fisherman Nutty.
• By popular demand, bring back the ToonFest game tables! They're scattered through Acorn Acres.
September 28, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.8]
• Fix a bug where new Toons would get stuck if they teleported out of Toontown Central before finishing the Trolley task.
• Allow teleport access to Chip and Dale's Acorn Acres.
• Close up ToonFest until next time. See you next year!
September 26, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.7]
• Fix a crash with Find Four
• Convince Alec Tinn to get over his fear of heights to run the balloon
• Launch the ToonFest Finale Fireworks!
September 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.6]
• Refactor the friends list to increase stability
• Rewrite estate loading for performance and stability
• Fix a district reset relating to fishing
• Prevent a crash relating to missing friend lists
September 21, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.5]
• Fix a district reset relating to Estates
• Fix an occasional server crash when winning Chinese Checkers
September 21, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.4]
• Fix a bunch of miscellaneous district resets and crashes
• Potentially correct an auth server issue relating to friends
September 20, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.3]
• Fix district resets relating to ToonFest
• Give Fluffy his original look from Toontown Online
September 20, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.2]
• Toons are now put into the district with the lowest population upon login, rather than trying to fill up existing districts.
• Fix a handful of reported ToonFest crashes
September 20, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.1]
• Engine Update: Further improve client performance
• Fix the new clothing items to go with their proper pairs
• Fix fonts being wonky on the new engine
September 19, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.5.0]
• Engine Update:
• Significantly improve client performance
• Implement multithreading support
• Fix a bug where music would turn back on after leaving an area despite being turned off in settings
• Implement ToonFest 2014!
• Open tunnel in Acorn Acres
• Implement Picnic Tables & Games
• Bring back a bunch of fun activities from the past
• ...And a whole lot more!
August 17, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.4.1]
• Overall code cleanup.
• Fix a glitch allowing Toons to be invisible outside of their estate.
• Fix a crash when walking up to a Knock-knock Door.
• Fix an exploit allowing locked animations to be purchased.
• Prevent a server crash relating to house decoration.
• Use the proper font for Cog Boss speech.
• Correct a few typos in ToonTask dialogue and Cog speech.
• Decrease initial scale of the phone.
• Interactable items (Phone, Bean Bank, etc.) can now be placed in the attic.
• Change the default bank name to "Jellybean Bank" -- 1000 Bean Banks are no longer used as per a Disney update.
August 12, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.4.0]
• Major code cleanup for estates.
• Add a few sanity checks to prevent Toon DNA exploiting.
• Mailboxes no longer spawn in front of vacant houses.
• Furniture items can now be properly deleted
• Jellybean Banks can now hold 15,000 Jellybeans.
• Clarabelle now has her own studio, rather than a grey area.
• Clarabelle Cow can speak! We've given Clarabelle some new voice recordings, courtesy of Jacob Eiseman.
• Estates have been redesigned! You'll find an all-new layout upon entering your home.
• Bean Banks and Wardrobes are in stock! Any clothes or beans that you have saved up will already be in there, free of charge.
• Toons can now buy different nametag fonts and custom SpeedChat phrases.
• Clarabelle has finally gotten her phone-in furniture service afoot, and has given all Toons a free phone to start it off! Give her a call to order furniture, wallpaper, clothes, and more!
August 6, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.16]
• Whitelist and moderation update
• Put an end to a major reoccurring issue where Toons would create "ghosts" when disconnecting uncleanly
• Resize the reward screen to fit all elements
• Fix typos in Toontown Central's task line
• Improve reward screen experience length
• Make Beta Key ToonTasks more common
• Clean up the PlayLine and fix an issue causing occasional line resets
July 31, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.11]
• Raise district population limits
• Fix butterflies and the giant flower not appearing in Daisy Gardens
• Clothing Tickets can now be properly redeemed at a Tailor in addition to buying with Jellybeans
• Fix a bug introduced in the last update which would falsely report that someone has logged onto your account
• Using "Shuffle Colors" in the Make-a-Toon will now shuffle all body colors, rather than a single solid color
• Toon HQ has been stocked up with 500 new Beta Key ToonTasks!
• You can now view when a friend was last online using the Toon Detail Panel
July 26, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.10]
• Add SSL support between the client and server connection
• Fix a memory leak in the database server
• Various stability and performance improvements
• Fix a district reset relating to an unimplemented feature.
• Implement a task to check if a Toon is "ghosting", which creates issues when a Toon disconnects uncleanly. This is a preemptive measure until the main issue is fixed.
July 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.9]
• Add a sanity check to keep track of Districts in case of freezing
• Improve Cog path-finding algorithm to be more efficient
• Major all-around code cleanup
• Raise the max amount of experience points per battle to 300 (Previously 200)
July 19, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.8]
• Increase the amount of Toons that can be in a district
• Add all Pick-a-Name combinations to the whitelist
• Add a handful of community-suggested words to the whitelist (1,914 new words!)
• Fix a crash relating to Cog building elevators
• Fix a crash when using SpeedChat in Trolley Games
• Increase the rate of discovering key tasks to help out Double Access Players
• Patch up an exploit found in the teleportation system created by Doctor Surlee
July 13, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.7]
• Fix a server-side memory leak that had been impacting game performance
• Fix grammar on Mr. Hollywood taunts
July 12, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.6]
• Fix a server crash relating to an experimental anti-exploit system currently in testing
July 12, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.5]
• Fix a few issues with update deployment
• Fix a server crash relating to the Cog Path Planner
• Prevent Popsicles from causing a server meltdown by melting improperly after someone leaves their estate
July 11, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.4]
• Major cleanup for the Treasure Dive minigame
• Fix a "white screen" bug after using the snapshot key
• Improve snapshots so that the flash effect won't interfere when taking multiple pictures
• v2.0 and Skelecog Invasions no longer affect the Cogs in Cog HQs
• Correct a visual issue with the Shtickerbook when fireworks start
• Fix an issue where Toons would occasionally gain Laff Points outside of Playgrounds
• Refactor Treasure Dive's logic to fix a few crashes, prevent false-positive logs, and correct an issue where Toons would be unable to throw treasures after touching a crab and chest at once
• Estates now have Popsicle treasures that restore 2 Laff Points
July 6, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.3]
• Code cleanup for the holiday manager
• Potentially fix an issue where no "Just for Fun" tasks are assigned after completing all story quests
• Release an additional 600 Beta Key ToonTasks. Go get 'em!
• Probabilities of finding a Beta Key ToonTask have been lowered to make sure everyone gets a fair chance of finding one.
• Toons who have already completed a Beta Key ToonTask can now receive another. Each account can hold up to 3 Beta Keys.
July 5, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.2]
• Various server stability enhancements.
• Add 800 new words to the Whitelist. Thanks for the suggestions!
• Custom resources now only loads textures and sounds to prevent cheating by editing/removing models.
• Disable Experimental anti-aliasing by default due to graphics card incompatibilities. For those who want to continue helping us test out this experimental feature, you can turn it on again by modifying "settings.json" in your Toontown Rewritten folder.
• General PlayLine stability improvements.
• PlayTime and PlayLine slots have been increased to 45 Toons.
• PlayTime slots are now released every 3 hours, rather than every 24 hours. If you miss one set, wait 3 hours and grab another!
July 5, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.1]
• Improve racing code to prevent exploits
• Experimental: Turn on anti-aliasing by default
• Reduce logging of Cog pathfinding
• Implement Official Invasion API. In the future, the API will only show detailed stats for toon-summoned invasions. We never know when those baddies will attack! Due to the limited amount of invasions, it currently shows random invasions as well.
• Prevent a crash when using Shift+F1 in a Cog HQ Interior area
• Fix a bug where all DA Office elevators would lead to Office A
• Prevent a rare crash when loading Shtickerbook settings
• Fix an OSX crash that would commonly occur during boss battles
• Big Magnets are now blue to match their icon
• Tweak random invasion probabilities and length based on community feedback
• Improve Firework shows with the "new" Firework system. Toontown Online originally changed the fireworks to a new type at some point in its lifetime. The old system was previously used on Toontown Rewritten due to an engine incompatibility, which has since been fixed. Enjoy the better looking Fireworks!
• The Legal Eagles aren't too happy with throwing explosions into their airspace. Legal Eagle Mega-Invasions have begun!
June 27, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.3.0]
• Fix a crash relating to Toon T.A.G.S.
• Fix a bug where the DA office door would require a Cog Disguise to get out
• Spawn jury chairs before the elevator opens in the C.J. Battle to prevent a visual glitch
• Add visual Laff Meters to the final round of all boss battles
• Add an animation when Cogs are stunned in the C.J. Battle.
• Build a tunnel to the player-discovered Lawbot HQ
• Implement the Lawbot DA Offices and Chief Justice battle
June 26, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.10]
• Code cleanup and improvements for Toon T.A.G.S.
• Backend administration updates
• Update click region of whispers to be more reliable
• Show the correct color for Animation whispers
• Add widescreen support for the Cog Gallery page
• Potential fix for "ghosts" that appear when players disconnect uncleanly
• Improve the animation of "Fountain Pen" and "Fill with Lead" attacks
• Improve animation and camera position for the "Train" trap gag
• Improve teleportation animation so that shadows and nametags aren't left behind after teleporting
• Discover Doctor Surlee's teleportation bypasses
June 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.8]
• Emergency fix for a fishing bug that would cause a district reset
June 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.7]
• Overall performance and stability enhancements
• Properly fix a server crash relating to friends
• Fix a server crash when buying clothes from Tailors
• Fix doors on the Donald's Dreamland Toon HQ
• Correct a grammatical error on the Sellbot HQ ToonTask
• Improve TNT throwing animation
• Re-enabled tailors
• Toon T.A.G.S. have received an update!
• Whispers can now be clicked on to reply to the message
• Added widescreen support for margins (In the future, margins will be calculated based on how many pixels are shown. Right now they are at a fixed amount.)
June 17, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.6]
• Fix a rare issue where Toon Names would get lost in the pipes and never reviewed
• Improve security to disallow modified or hacked clients from being able to connect to the game directly through the source code
• Allow more treasures to be spawned in Playgrounds to fit the rising player amount
June 16, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.5]
• Improve the collisions of small goons in the CFO
• Fix a glitch with boarding groups which could be abused to trap toons in an elevator
• Patch up a few server-side memory leaks
• Prevent a district reset caused by the Toontorial
• Fix a server-side crash related to Friends
• Fix a long-standing bug where Toons would have trouble teleporting to their friends on the street
June 13, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.4]
• Major whitelist update taken from MMO Central's Whitelist suggestion thread. Thanks guys!
• Whispers and nametags no longer overlap the friends list
• Fix a crash relating to Street Maps
• Potentially fix a crash with Ice Slide
• Fix a server crash relating to friends
• Stop sending PlayTime whispers if a player redeems a beta key
• "New Toon" tasks now properly keep track of the amount of new players in battle
• Improve Whisper GUI with long names
• Improve animations and GUI on Treasure Dive
• Girl dogs now have properly placed eyelashes. Thanks Toonblr!
• Adjust transparency on the Portable Hole to be a perfect circle
• Cats can now head over to the Toon Hall for a coat of black fur (or paint?) from Flippy! Be careful - that stuff is permanent!
June 10, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.3]
• Fix a major common crash relating to "SfxPlayer"
• Fix an occasional crash when entering buildings
• Rewrite major portions of golf to fix physics issues among other bugs
• Open up Chip and Dale's Minigolf to all toons
• Make key tasks slightly more common to find
June 9, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.2]
• Fixed a client crash related to networking
• Return Toons to their idle animation after using the 'drinking' animation
June 9, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.1]
• Another big Whitelist update. Keep giving us words to add so we can make chatting easier for everyone!
• Fix a server crash relating to friends when deleting a toon
• Prevent a handful of nasty crashes relating to bad field updates
• Fix a typo in certain disconnection messages
• Modernize dialogue for a few shopkeepers in Toontown Central
• Toon HQ has passed out 190 more beta key tasks!
• Fix an issue with upgrading existing accounts with Beta Keys
• Change PlayLine timeout time from 5 minutes to 15 minutes
• Change PlayLine refresh rate from 45 seconds to 2 minutes
• Many stability and performance improvements with the Semi-Open Beta system. Thanks for giving us feedback!
NOTE: Our database provider is going down for scheduled maintenance tonight at 8:00PM Toontown Time (PST). If you have a PlayTime scheduled or are in the PlayLine at the time, don't worry! We will be saving your spot in line and extending the PlayTime session.
June 5, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.2.0]
• Add more words to the Whitelist relating to Semi-Open Beta
• Other player's whispers are no longer logged. No more spying!
• Fix an issue where occasionally a whisper would appear to send to the wrong person ("AnotherToon is sleeping")
• The Toon Resistance, with the help of Doctor Surlee and Whispering Willow, have discovered Cashbot HQ!
• Toons can now complete ToonTasks through Cashbot HQ
• The C.F.O. can now be battled in the Cashbot vault
• Add a better layout for PlayTime and PlayLine pages
• Fixed an occasional bug with the PlayLine where it would put you back at 30 minutes after hitting 0
• Add more sanity checks and improvements to prevent spots in line being reset on unstable connections
• Numerous bugfixes and improvements to the PlayLine to hopefully ensure stability for those having problems.
Once the problems are confirmed to have stabilized, we'll be able to open up more slots for people to get in and speed up the wait time. PlayLine and PlayTime are still very experimental, so thanks for sticking with us as we improve them!
May 31, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.8]
• Patch up an issue relating to furniture which caused a severe memory leak, leading to server lag
• Low-tier NPCs (Field Offices) are no longer taken to the VP's cage
• Fix collisions on the VP's cage when trying to reach pies
• Mac OSX Bugfixes:
• You can now properly turn music and sound effects off
• Graphics now look how they should on NVIDIA Graphics Cards
• Various performance and resource optimizations
• Toon HQ has released
11 110 more beta key ToonTasks! They are available at any Playground past Daisy Gardens.
• The chances of getting a Beta Key ToonTask have been doubled.
• Pajama Place is now open for tasking!
May 26, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.5]
• Fix an occasional crash with SpeedChat+ Whispers
May 26, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.4]
• Added Resistance-related words to the whitelist
• A bit of server-side maintenance
• Fix a rare district reset relating to fishing
• Big Wigs now use the proper attack phrases for "Finger Wag"
• Prevent a few screw-ups with street Cogs, such as joining battles from far away and walking across sidewalks
• You can now use SpeedChat+ in Whispers! These are closely moderated, though, so make sure to behave.
• Version 2.0 Cogs have taken over Toontown! Over the next few days, be on the watch for them throughout the streets.
May 24, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.3]
• Custom "Phase Files" can now be loaded from the resources folder
• Fix a crash at the end of the V.P. battle
• Improve dialogue for a handful of ToonTasks in Toontown Central
May 23, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.2]
• Even more whitelist additions!
• Upgrade a few parts of the Internal Repository for new database handling
• You can now see nametags on the side of the screen during a battle
• Fix a common crash when entering Sellbot HQ and other Cog-heavy areas
• Fix a building crash relating to NPCs
• Polar Place has opened to the public! If you picked a Polar Place task, it can now be completed.
May 22, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.1]
• Add new words to the whitelist relating to tasks
• Experimental: Improve client performance by caching toon models and textures in the memory. Keep an eye out for bugs!
• Fix a crash in the Sellbot Towers Lobby
• Potentially fix a crash relating to Cog Buildings
• Don't check for found ToonTask items if the task has already been completed
May 21, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.1.0]
• Add even more words to the whitelist
• Upgrade server in preparation for Cog HQ updates
• Fix a disconnection issue introduced with yesterday's update
• Oak Street has been built and is open for tasking!
• Toons can now progress all the way to Donald's Dreamland for ToonTasks
• The Toon Resistance has discovered factory on the outskirts of Daisy Gardens... Sellbot HQ is now open!
• Cog Disguises can now be obtained for Sellbot HQ
• Implement the VP Battle and framework for other Cog bosses
• Implement Boarding Groups
May 20, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.7]
• Add a few new words to the chat whitelist
• Engine Update: Improve performance and other miscellaneous updates
• Potentially fix an issue with friends causing the "Error 117" bug
• Fix stuttering when a new Toon or Cog is loaded into the area on Windows
May 19, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.6]
• Engine Update: Make improvements to the lag freezes some people were experiencing on Windows
• Fix a bug where a gag wasn't taken away when turned in for a task
• Remove a leftover shortcut for skipping the reward screen
• Fix a bug relating to NPC spawning
May 18, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.5]
• Fix a server crash relating to ToonTasks
May 18, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.3]
• Fix Building tasks not properly getting marked as completed
• Fix a Toon Platoon malfunction
May 18, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.2]
• Fix a server crash related to the Toon Platoon
• Show the number of Total Toons Online in the Shtiker Book
May 17, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.1]
• Fix a client crash related to the Toon Platoon
• Fix issues related to ToonTasks disappearing
May 17, 2014 [ttr-beta-v1.0.0]
• Major Update: The loading system has been completely rewritten!
Back in November, we put together a newly reworked and optimized loading system. Unhappy with our previous work, we went back and redid it one more time to be faster and more reliable, as well as an improved format.* Sent out street sweepers to clear out the weird patterns on streets.
• In-game kick messages now show a reason.
• Major Update: Backend changes!
* Migrate to new servers in preparation for the public launch. We will be tweaking and updating these servers throughout Beta, so please bear with us when we have to bring them down for maintenance!
• The update system is now completely automated so that districts can be spun up in a flash.
• Implement the "Queue" system!
To keep the servers from being constantly pounded on, occasionally you may have to wait in a queue for a few seconds before logging in. This will make sure that everyone can have a good time playing and give us proper time to launch a new district when there is high load. Give us some feedback on what you think!* The Launcher has been updated to be a bit more user-friendly, as well as implement better patching.
• Fix a couple of issues relating to the sound effect library.
• Major code cleanup all-around.
• You can no longer teleport to a friend in a full district once a certain limit of toons has been reached.
This is to encourage people to spread out among other districts and put an end to "parkers", rather than crowding into one massive district.* Added in an unused animation for the Cog's reaction to a Fire Hose.
• Cogs now sway back and forth when lured to show that they are stunned.
• Added sound effects for Schmooze and Half Windsor attacks.
• The Cogs have invaded Toontown!
• Every Toon HQ all over Toontown is now offering ToonTasks!
Because of the lack of HQs in this build, you can currently only progress up to Daisy Gardens.* Goofy's Gag Shop is stocked up and open for business!
• The Toon Council now sends you a complementary whisper to let you know when your name is approved.
• The Cogs have stepped up their efforts, and their master plan has begun. The streets are being bombarded with random Invasions and Cog Buildings!
• Tutorial Tom has opened up his Toontorial to new toons from far and wide to learn about Cogs and how to handle them. Be sure to stop by!
• You can now earn Beta Keys to give to friends through random in-game ToonTasks! They are a bit rare to get right now, so keep your eyes peeled!
• And many, many other things that we can't even count!