April 17, 2014 [ttr-alpha-geffaa76]
• Optimize a couple of election prop models
• Significantly improve game performance.
Throughout the next few weeks, we will have a few updates focusing on improving gameplay on lower-end computers. You should notice a big difference today!
Alpha Testers: We'd appreciate it if you can try to organize large groups of toons to test out client performance. Let us know how things go!
• Fix an issue where toons could bypass the election rope.
• Loony Lab's Toon T.A.G.S. received an update!
• Improve nametag clicking in the margins
• Properly manage nametag click region
• Add click-frame management
• Various performance and ease-of-use improvements
April 9, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gb6d7925]
• Optimized server-side code a tad
• Took away Sir Max's stolen controller and put everything back to normal. Let's hope that it won't happen again next year!
April 6, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gbe82734]
• Miscellaneous code cleanup
• Some work on administrative features
• Begin optimizing a few portions of the server code
• Fix a crash on streets relating to the April Toon's piano gag
• Remove Roger Dog from the random effects to prevent some rare crashes and freezes
• Fix up party cannons to work properly when landing
• Give everyone a spiffy party hat in celebration of Sir Max's Birthday
• Replace Flippy's pies with Birthday Cakes for the same reason
April 5, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gTBA]
• Holiday code cleanup, to allow us to better create and manage events in the future
• Fix up a few backend functions
• A geyser has sprung up in Acorn Acres! Head over there and hop on -- but careful, it's hot.
• Sir Max pushed another one of his buttons and lowered the gravity everywhere. This is just a small step to his silliness, so one can only imagine what's coming up next.
• Finished trolleybot recall
April 1, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g16cf4ca]
March 31, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g65404ed]
• Clean up the new collisions a bit
• Update whitelist
• Tighten bolts on the Toon HQ periscopes and telescopes to move properly
• The elephant hunt continues!
• Patched up a hole in Daisy Gardens between the hedge and walkway
• Fixed another hole between the bedposts in Donald's Dreamland
• Rebuilt a few walls in the streets of Toontown Central
• Regrew some hedges in Acorn Acres so they can't be jumped over
• Please keep reporting the holes you find! Note that some bigger holes may take more than one day to fix.
March 30, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g5db1723]
• Code cleanup on Playgrounds
• Added more sanity checks to toons to prevent hacked/glitched DNA
• Kicked the elephant out of the room and patched up a few broken collisions that allowed people to glitch into the grey.
• Added collisions to a fence in Donald's Dock. Only took 11 years!
• Patched up a hole in Minnie's Melodyland which was introduced when parties were originally added in Toontown Online.
• If you know of any other places that let you glitch into areas that you shouldn't be able to get to, let us know! We'll be patching up all of the elephant holes that we can find.
• Implemented basic True Friends, which are currently only being tested with a select group of people due to us being unable to strictly moderate it during alpha.
• Installed new periscopes and telescopes to Toon HQs in every playground
• A flower finally bloomed on the hat of the HQ in Daisy Gardens. That stem has been there for years without blossoming!
March 26, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g6dd31e9]
• Issued recall on Trolley-bots
March 18, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gebe43f9]
• Smoothed the sailing of Slappy's Balloon
• Those stands either really love cake, or really love watching McQuack blow up. Slappy's stand has sucked in some silliness and sprang to life!
• The green goop from the cake's icing got all over Slappy's stand, but luckily it cleaned itself up and put the goop into a jar for any toons who'd like to go green for a day.
March 17, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g7347e0a]
• Whitelist update
• Code cleanup in preparation for the Election
• Flippy found some leftover fireworks in his estate, and has decided to end the election with a bang! They'll be airing in every playground every hour.
• The silliness from these rockets was enough to animate Flippy's campaign stand! Stop by and grab some pies and give it a high five!
March 4, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g2c1105a]
• Fix an old bug where Shopkeeper toons would only play a sound on their first phrase during cutscenes.
• Flippy has taken up his free time to camp out in Toontown Central and talk with all of you! Head on over to his stand and use the SpeedChat to talk to him.
February 27, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gTBA]
• Flippy went through and repainted a few of the election props for us, generating even more silliness!
• Slappy's phrases are now the same for every client, rather than each client picking their own phrase for him to say.
February 25, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gf581167]
• Code cleanup for the election event
• Repainted the podium
• Repair Slappy's Balloon and fly it into Toontown Central. Stop by and see him for a nice chat in the sky!
February 22, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gTBA]
• Fix a few minor problems with election props
• Flippy and Slappy's stands have been reportedly seen getting some occasional pre-election jitters. Scientists are saying that they are starting to come to life from all of this silliness!
• Fix a major issue causing in-game sound not to play
• Fix an occasional crash when launching the game
February 21, 2014 [ttr-alpha-ga587aa6]
• Fix jellybean texture in Slappy's stand (Thanks Sweet!)
• Flippy has taught everyone a new pie throwing technique, making it easier to have battles against smaller toons
February 19, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gc1aac77]
• Fix an exploit allowing toons to get into under construction areas
• Added a couple of new SpeedChat election phrases
• Slappy's campaign is ready and going strong!
• Repaint Slappy's stand sign
• Fill up Slappy's stand with a bunch of Jellybeans to give to others
• Distribute "Unites" out to the citizens of Toontown. Four Jellybean unites and two cream pie unites. Don't spend them all in one place!
February 17, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gf22f5c5]
• Fix a crash on Trolley Games introduced with Saturday's cleanup
• Downscale a few of the new textures for lower-end computers
• Rearrange some of the election props to make it less cramped
• Flippy has started his campaign! Who will win you over, him or Slappy?
• Put a portable hole at the bottom of Flippy's wheelbarrow to deliver an endless amount of Cream pies
• Flippy's Campaign stand is open for business!
February 15, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g2e18480]
• Implement full framework for the upcoming event we talked about: The Toon Council Presidential Election
• Major backend code rework in preparation for the event
• Clean up log files to be a bit niftier
• Chatter of the election is all abuzz with shopkeepers and toons far and wide talking about it. Who will win?
• Toontown Central is fancier than ever with new props for the upcoming election.
• Flippy and Slappy stopped by to get a head start on setting up their campaign stands. They'll be sure to make use of them in the upcoming days!
February 8, 2014 [ttr-alpha-ge2dfe9c]
• Replace a few functions that cause crashes due to the python injection fix
• Prevent a couple more server crashes related to parties
• Possibly fix a district reset relating to the Catching Game
• Fix a client crash when firing cannons
• Rename the 20 and 40 song Jukebox to "Jukebox" and "Deluxe Jukebox"
February 7, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gbb662d2]
• Minor code cleanup for new version of Panda
• Correct party endings
• Add Party Cannons
• Add Party Catch
• Add original Toontown theme to jukeboxes
February 6, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gd2eabd0]
• Fix an issue where Party Fireworks would restart for toons who join a party after they had already ended.
February 5, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gf715a71]
• Code cleanup
• Fix a crash related to the Party Hat Icon
• Correct a few issues with the Trampoline Reward
• Fix an issue where you could start your party more than once
• Fix the Jukebox's animation
• Party Planners no longer remind you to start your party after it has already started
Launcher (OSX Only):
• Fix a crash on OSX 10.7.5
• Added a snapshot manager under the "View" menu
• Renamed launcher and game window
• Added an option to use the Toontown cursor on the launcher window
February 4, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gf52d7a4]
• Major rewrites and code cleanup for Parties
• Fix a handful of district resets caused by parties
• The Party Gate now shows the correct amount of people in a party
• Fix an issue where toons couldn't start their party from the Schtickerbook
• Fix a crash relating to trampolines
• Error messages for full or ended parties now show up correctly
• Parties now end on time. Too bad it can't last forever!
February 3, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gd916c4a]
• Fix an issue with the server. Sorry for the downtime!
• Added support for 24 hour time format (For future translations)
• Fix a bug where the host of a party couldn't enter his own party through the Party Gate
• Re-order the Party Activity list when planning a party
• Widescreen support for the trampoline GUI
• Add Dance Floors to parties. (I dare you to learn all of the moves without looking them up!)
February 2, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g7a0f0d5]
NOTE: Sorry for the troubles, but Toontown Rewritten is currently offline due to another host problem. The update will be pushed as soon as we're back online.
• Party Code Cleanup
• Rewrite Party ID Allocation
• Prevent a potential crash relating to trampolines
• Fix a district reset due to player counts in parties
• Control + H now actually hides the window on OSX
• Repair the Party Gate from Sir Max's crashes
• Implement Party Decorations. Don't forget to vote for the next activity!
We would have implemented cannons as voted, but Sir Max used up all of the gunpowder with his crashes. Sorry!
February 1, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g80bc887]
• Many protocol and architecture changes for parties
• Fix some overlays being white rather than grey
• Added Party Planners to every neighborhood
• The Party Gates are open!
• To celebrate this week of Preposterous Parties, everyone can plan their own party for free!
• Spring into the air to collect Jellybeans with Toontastic Trampolines
• Enjoy some toony tunes at the Jukebox (Both 20 and 40 songs)
• End your party fun with a Grand Firework Display!
• Added Command + M and Command + H to maximize and hide the game window on OSX
January 31, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gTBA]
• Added a bunch of new words to the Whitelist
January 29, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g0960dfe]
• Fix an issue where the screenshot flash would effect the color of other overlays
• Slightly improve transition of House Decorating GUI
• Add widescreen support for the House Decorating GUI
• You can now press Command + Q to close the game on OSX
January 27, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gecb3da2]
• Whitelist Update
• Fix an issue with our distribution server that prevented Panda3D from being updated properly
• Fix a crash when moving furniture due to Panda3D not being updated properly
January 25, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g0bb22d5]
• Updated parts of Panda3D for furniture support
• Rollback yesterday's back-end update due to crashes
• Implement house decorating
• Clarabelle sent out a sampler package packed to the brim with furniture for every house in Toontown! We've set it up for you free of charge -- just stop by Clarabelle sometime.
Clarabelle's Cattlelog is ready for business! Give her a call and order some furniture. For her grand opening, a new series of the cattlelog will come out every day.
Whew! We're wiped out from setting all of those sampler packages. The cattlelog opening is postponed until we can get some more stock made.
January 24, 2014 [ttr-alpha-ga22770c]
• Major back-end changes and optimization
• Fix an old crash with fishing
• Update house names when a toon has been renamed (Usually from name approval.)
January 23, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g28b80fe]
• Update a few things for future localization support
• Improve back-end Estate loading
• Fix a bug that prevented racing trophies from being earned
• Fix "Open Folder" button on the Snapshots Page for OSX
• Add Knock-Knock doors to all streets for Knational Knock-Knock day
• Jokes that came from contest winners show the winner name rather than "Door" when telling a joke. You can find all of the winning jokes (Including Honorable Mentions) on Silly Street.
January 22, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gf223ff6]
• Temporarily changed some sign fonts from "ImpressBT" to "Humanism" until an issue is worked out with it.
• Painted all empty signs in Toontown -- both streets and buildings.
January 21, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gb0d25ed]
• Fix a crash on the Snapshots page if a picture has been manually moved or deleted
• Fix Widescreen support for Match Minnie
• Add fishing to Estates. All fish in Toontown can now be caught!
January 20, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g8adcf25]
• Minor maintenance to nametags and chat bubbles
• Change clicking to only open something on release, rather than on click
• Code cleanup for Snapshots
• Prevent empty screenshot names on the Snapshots page
• Fix crash on Snapshots page for those with no screenshots
• Possibly fix a crash on Macs when clicking "Open Folder"
January 19, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g36fce4b]
• Hugely optimize zone and DNA loading
• Code cleanup and optimization for streets
• Change friend teleportation to use a bit more sane method
• Make friend dialogue use the Localizer for future translation support
• Optimize Estate loading
• Fix the cursor and window icon not appearing (For real this time!)
• When you leave your own estate, friends are now kicked out 15 seconds afterwards rather than 5.
• Portable Holes have a new destination! You can now teleport to your friend's Estates.
January 18, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g82711b4]
• Major Update: Estates, one of the more complex parts of Toontown, are now complete!
• Change the in-game cursor to a glove, as it was in Disney's Toontown
• Add an icon to the game window
• Switch screenshots back to JPG due to some kinks in the client
• Code cleanup
• Fix an issue with friend request timeouts
• Implement basic Toon Estates
Currently, estates don't have too many features other than a private place to talk and explore. More and more features for estates will arrive in the coming days. The main hurdle here was completing the loading system for estates, which is fairly complex.
• Add a new page to the Shtickerbook: Snapshots!
• You can now view all snapshots you have taken in-game from the Shtickerbook
• Add ability to rename and delete snapshots
• Add button to open your TTR screenshot folder
January 17, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gca2ed12]
• Screenshots are now saved as PNG files. This is experimental, so please excuse any wacky ones!
• Dog noses no longer appear in front of the camera when viewing from a toon's perspective.
• Added 3 new camera angles: Front, right side, and left side.
• You can now press F3 to turn off the GUI. This is useful for taking snapshots, however you may end up with some strange looking gameplay if you keep it.
• Added a new flash visual to go along with the shutter sound when taking snapshots.
January 16, 2014 [ttr-alpha-gdb1992b]
• Possibly fix a bug when two toons enter a door at the same time.
• Fix a graphical bug on the Shtickerbook's Gallery page.
• Taking a screenshot now makes a shutter sound.
January 14, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g26b5f19]
• Code cleanup for friends
• Fix a few crashes with friends
January 13, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g4e14af0]
• Friend lists are actually unlimited now. Whoops!
Launcher (Mac Only):
• Added support for OS X 10.7 Lion
• The app is now signed with an authorized developer certificate. (No more right clicking and choosing open!)
• Fixed a few bugs which caused the app to hang
• Added a new "toon news" view to the chalkboard.
• New icon for the game
• Added a new debug console under the window menu
• The app now shows progress when downloading all the additional content
• Added various sounds inside of the launcher
January 11, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g6494544]
• Assign a new type of ID to toons in preparation of a future update.
• Fix a server crash relating to friends.
• Fix a bug where some friends would disappear from the list, despite still being friends.
January 11, 2014 [ttr-alpha-geb281eb]
• Whitelist update to add a few new popular words
• Add new administrative features, as well as restricting a few spells that we had too much fun with.
• Remove a few calls to ToonTasks until they are implemented.
• Major backend architecture changes to prepare for upcoming updates. (We needed to clean up our mess before making a new one!)
• Stop the Toon Detail Panel from going into a strange position when playing in widescreen.
• Fix a crash when entering Silly Street
• Widescreen support for the Teleport Panel, among other small things we missed
• Updated the Pick-A-Toon screen graphic to look slightly better
• Toon T.A.G.S. Update!
• Never forget who your real friends are! You can now send friend requests to toons.
• Implement whispers to show when a friend comes online or logs off.
• Implement teleporting and whispering to friends. NOTE: Whispering is currently SpeedChat only.
• Removed Disney's 50 friend limit for alpha only. This limit will be added back in the future, but will be expanded to 75 or 100.
January 3, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g55e8511]
• Whitelist update. Removed a few words that were being abused, and added a ton of new ones.
• Released Toontown Rewritten for Mac OS X 10.8 and up.
January 2, 2014 [ttr-alpha-g29233af]
• NPC Toons no longer have a blank chat bubble when first speaking to them.
• The clothing stores are now open! Head on over to a playground to get yourself a new pair.
• You can now use Jellybeans at clothing stores instead of a clothing ticket. The current price is 150 Jellybeans, and you will still be able to obtain a free clothing ticket by completing ToonTasks in the future.
December 31, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gaac80e6]
Remove leftover winter Speedchat Phrases
Doors no longer defy laws of the tooniverse and allow you to walk in through the correct side
Add in another set of firework patterns. These are the best ones yet!
December 30, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8c3637e]
? Re-enable a few sanity checks now that winter is over.
? The server now picks a song for fireworks, ensuring that everyone hears the same music.
? Change a couple of messages for fireworks.
? Tweak the volume for fireworks and music so it can be heard.
? The last of the snow has melted. The Pick-a-Toon is back to normal, and Snowman heads have melted off of toons. Thanks for a great Christmas, everyone!
? Fireworks now choose between a few different types of shows and music. You'll rarely see the same show twice!
? Add in the second of three sets of firework patterns. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the finale!
December 27, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g2f544f8]
? Flippy's fantastic fireworks are filling the skies! Take a look into the sky every hour until January 2nd to see the show. Every day we will be introducing a new type of fireworks display.
? The blizzard is over! Heating has been installed into the Brrrgh again, and Lil Oldman is content with his Lumpy Cheese. Don't worry, I don't think he'll hold any grudges. It's not like he will start giving toons one of the hardest Toontasks in all of Toontown.
? The snow has melted, and snowball fights are over. Slappy sends his thanks to everyone who participated, but he doesn't want to steal the spotlight from Flippy today.
December 27, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g22705de]
? Undo an update that added a bit of glitchyness with nametags. We're working on a new formula for it.
? Lil Oldman can't keep us toons down. Slappy has came back to Toontown Central to make an endless supply of snowballs for us!
To get snowballs, simply walk up next to Slappy. He will give you 25 snowballs to throw using the Delete key. You can go back to him at any time to refill your snowballs, however you can't carry more than 25 at once.
December 26, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1af378d]
? A couple new administrative tools
? Backend preparations for tomorrow's update
? Take down Christmas Lights and Tree
? Slappy packed up just in time to get out of the storm. He sends his thanks to all of the Polar Bears that came to see him!
? The snowstorm has turned into an all-out blizzard! Snow is falling harder than ever, and the ground of all areas is completely covered with it. Try to stay warm out there, toons!
December 25, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gdcebe6f]
? Whitelist updates to add numbers up to 137
? Undo a recent Disney update which allowed toons to see under the clouds of the map. It's better to explore!
? Alpha Testers now have teleportation access to every playground
(Including Acorn Acres!)
December 24, 2013 [ttr-alpha-e732fa7]
? Allow white toons
? Add more sanity checks to ensure that only cats and bears can have black and white colors, respectively.
? Polar Bears are allowed in Toontown for the very first time!
? Slappy, one of the candidates for the Toon Council Presidential Election, is standing next to Toon Hall for the next two days (Update time on December 26th) to turn any potential voters into Polar Bears! Just walk up to him and give him a cheerful greeting to get his attention.
December 23, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g6f8fa8b]
? Fix a few issues with caroling.
? Make sure that toons keep their snowman heads upon logging out.
December 22, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g4104383]
? Whitelist Update
? Fix a backend issue with Trolley Tracks
? Add winter SpeedChat Menu
? Teach everyone how to sing carols. Don't forget the list!
December 21, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g225071c]
? Improve code for Holidays and Events
? Updated whitelist to add some British spellings of words
? Unlock the inside doors of Gag Shops, Pet Shops, and Toon HQs
? The last of the shopkeepers in Donald's Dreamland have moved in!
? Changed Pick-a-Toon to a new winter design
? Decorated Toontown with lights from The Brrrgh's heating system.
? Erect Christmas Tree in Toontown Central. Don't forget to rock around it!
? Lil' Oldman, who turns out to actually be a Blizzard Wizard, cast some sort of spell throughout Toontown to share the freezing conditions of the Brrrgh. Snow is falling everywhere!
December 20, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8b625b7]
? Shopkeepers in Minnie's Melodyland have moved in!
? Installed heating system in The Brrrgh's shops.
? Donald's Dreamland shops are open for browsing! (Don't worry, I snuck a few couches in there to rest on.)
December 19, 2013 [ttr-alpha-ge355871]
? Prevent an occasional crash when exiting buildings.
? Minnie's Melodyland has completed construction! All you Kool Kats better head over there and check out the shops.
? Shopkeepers have moved into The Brrrgh. (Don't tell them, but the heating system isn't installed yet!)
December 18, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g232ab1d]
? Even more major cleanup and optimization to the loading system.
? Major cleanup on street code using the optimizations made to the loading system.
? Fix a memory leak in the loading system, causing a HUGE performance increase for most clients. Sorry that it took so long to fix, but we're loving the results!
? Construction is complete in The Brrrgh! Check out the new shops open there.
? Shopkeepers have moved into Daisy Gardens.
? Widescreen support for the Toon T.A.G.S. panel.
? Redesigned GUI for whispering. It's just a concept, but please let us know what you think!
December 17, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gaa7e67b]
? Major code cleanup on the loading system.
? Remove now-unnecessary code for golf and speedway areas.
? Optimize playground loading and remove clean up a few messy sections.
? Actually show the correct colors for Whispers and nametags.
? Fix a few crashes relating to the loading system.
? Modify and add a few shopkeeper phrases.
? Shopkeepers have moved into Donald's Dock!
? Daisy Gardens has completed construction! I hear that one of our alpha testers opened a gym there.
December 16, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8c04c18]
? Code cleanup on loading system for interiors.
? Sort clickable objects by how far away they are, making them a bit more responsive and less buggy.
? Fix nametag coloring for click/hover.
? Fix whisper colors.
? Flippy ran out of paint and went home. Flip for Flippy at the elections!
? Shopkeepers have moved into their stores in Toontown Central! Be sure to stop by and give them a wave for their grand opening.
? Donald's Dock is the real first playground to finish construction! The shopkeepers aren't in yet, but feel free to browse their stores.
December 15, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g9335911]
? Preparations for upcoming event (Another new one!)
? Remove a deprecated function from golf, making it detect collisions sanely. It's still pretty broken, though.
? Loony Labs pushed a major update to Toon T.A.G.S.! You can now open up a display to view information about a toon by clicking on them.
? Implemented whispering.
? Toontown Central has finished construction! All shops and buildings are free to walk into, however the shopkeepers aren't moved in yet.
December 2, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gd3c2d4f]
? Fix some loading issues introduced yesterday
? Hand out complimentary golfing hats
December 2, 2013 [ttr-alpha-ge4a3f71]
? More security and sanity checking for golf
? Fix a few AI crashes related to racing
? Might have possibly probably maybe fix the physics issues with golf
? Celebrate the end of this Hole-some Sabotage with the "Hole-some Fun" course! It is now available next to the Mystery Tunnel.
? Golf now switches to the next hole in the course, rather than exiting after the first one.
? The golf ball shortage is over! We have an endless supply of "new" golf balls, so feel free to bring a few of your friends to the courses.
December 1, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gab5c60c]
? Add some extra sanity checks to administrative features
Change TTR window icon and cursor - Needs fixing
? Undo accessories and effects to prepare for future updates
? The "Walk in the Par" course is open! Currently, golf is only singleplayer until we teach those golf balls how to behave in public.
November 30, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7d34f5f]
? Implemented Butterflies
November 28, 2013 [ttr-alpha-ge5d410a]
? More changes for upcoming event
? Actually fix banana peel crash (I hope!)
? Tickets now display the correct amount on the winnings panel
? Give everyone a Thanksgiving-themed Hat
November 27, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g095b823]
? Tweak the Time Manager to possibly stop the visual lag of moving players.
? Patch up a potential exploit through one of the unimplemented backend features.
? Improve Piejectile mechanics.
? Goofy was knocked in the head with a wrench while fixing the ticket stand, suddenly remembering how to do math. Tickets should be completely working!
? Fix a handful of client crashes:
? Fix a crash relating to Toon T.A.G.S. Margins.
? Race Game no longer causes everyone to crash if one person does.
? Fix a racing crash when changing states.
? Fix another racing crash upon hitting a banana peel.
? Tweak some gears to prevent an internal client crash.
? Chip and Dale's Minigolf is open for business! Similar to Goofy's business plan, they aren't actually open for business yet. Toons aren't the most knowledgeable when it comes to starting businesses.
? Add THE MYSTERY TUNNEL.
November 25, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g8d8aab1]
? Major code cleanup.
? Fix banana peels and anvils messing up the camera FOV.
? Improve music loop of the Kart Shop and Toon Memory Game.
? Open up the City Circuits. Look both ways before flooring it!
The streets are still under construction, so don't be surprised to see gaps in the buildings or stray bricks.
November 24, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1525a9c]
? Minor code cleanup on Toon T.A.G.S.
? More code cleanup for racing.
? Tightened up administrive features to disallow selecting NPCs. I'm looking at you, Goshi!
? Anvils will now hit the person in first place rather than last place. Turns out that the blimp pilots had the instructions upsidedown.
? Races now give the correct amount of tickets.
? Fix a crash if someone logs out while on a racing pad.
? Speedups no longer mess up the camera FOV on widescreen.
? Major visual improvements to Toon T.A.G.S.
? Rural Raceways are now open! Just watch out for those construction workers.
November 23, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gb760285]
? Lay down framework for an upcoming new event
? Toon running SFX is now synced with the animation.
? Woke up the SpeedChat button to remove Roger Dog phrases.
? Change some minor loading screen text here and there.
? Rename "Emotions" to "Animations"
? Revert Disney's update to make the Jellybean counter much faster than it needs to be. It now goes at a normal rate.
? Goofy Speedway is really open for business! Not a fake open this time. You can head on over there to buy a Kart and start racing.
? Opened Speedway Circuit. Thankfully Sir Max didn't touch this one.
? Widescreen support for races.
? Toon T.A.G.S. have received a major update from Loony Labs! This update is still in the testing phase and will receive improvements over the next few days.
? Toon T.A.G.S. now grow larger when you are far away from them. You no longer have to obviously squint when trying to "remember" someone's name!
? The side of your screen now shows where toons are located around you, along with whatever wacky things they are saying.
November 22, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7f1425d]
? Fix a crash with Photo Fun introduced with fixing streets
? Fix Toon Slingshot in playgrounds outside of Toontown Central
? Shop signs shouldn't flicker anymore.
? Actually fix Trolley Tracks flickering for 16-bit depth GPUs.
? Toon T.A.G.S. got another firmware update from the labs to fix a few graphical issues.
? Wake up from the horrible Roger Dog nightmare.
? Goofy Speedway is open for business! But not actually open for business, considering we still need to get a few permits. So it's pretty much just open.
November 21, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1b75482]
? Prevent street signs from flickering
? Fix Trolley Tracks bug on 16-bit GPUs where the tracks would flicker
? The trolley now properly travels through tunnels in Trolley Tracks
? Roger Dog
? Some Zzz's have appeared in Dreamland. I wonder who is sleeping there?
? Chip and Dale's Acorn Acres, which will serve for an activity area in Toontown, is now open! Be sure to bring some cushioned shorts- that geyser can get pretty hot.
November 20, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1b75482]
? Fix a server freeze during the event loop
? Chat Bubbles no longer slant upwards in the Canon Game
? You will no longer get stuck on the trolley if a toon logs out mid-game.
? Chat Bubble/Nametag flickering should be actually fixed now.
? It looks like someone left behind some laff-notes in Minnie's Melodyland.
? Tenor Terrace is open! Head on over to the giant fluffy pillow of Donald's Dreamland. Be careful not to fall asleep there!
November 19, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g3b2d62a]
? Minor tweaks to administrative goodies
? Fix a crash in Match Minnie
? Fix some rendering issues for 16-bit depth GPUs. Chat Bubbles and Nametags should no longer flicker for anyone.
? Modify some of the loading screen text to fit with the new layout
? There was a big snowstorm in The Brrrgh! Snowflakes large enough to make you laff are covering the area.
? Minnie's Melodyland construction has been completed! Head to Loopy Lane or Sleet Street to make your way over there.
November 18, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gfe652e1]
? Minor code cleanup on neighborhoods.
? Fix a crash upon entering Toon HQ
? Laff-o-Dils have bloomed in Daisy Gardens!
? Lighthouse Lane is open for business! Head on over to The Brrrgh- just ignore the big hole in the ice that definitely wasn't stolen by anyone.
? The loading screen has been changed even more to resemble a cartoon intro.
FEEDBACK: What other things can we change to reinforce the idea that Toontown takes place inside of a cartoon?
November 17, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gbddee5d]
? Internal server-side code cleanup/reorganization.
? Add a few more approved words to the chat whitelist.
? After hours of pleading, we've finally convinced the fishermen to stop defying the laws of physics. They have returned to their normal spots.
? Hopefully, the "error 117" disconnects are now gone once and for all.
? Fix problem where Toons get tangled up in the jungle vines, bringing the background back with them off of the Trolley.
? Street visibility now works normally: you can see Toons on other street segments.
? Fix "last neighborhood" saving. This also fixes the "back to playground" button when you haven't reached the playground yet.
? Seaweed Street and Silly Street are now open!
? Daisy Gardens is open for business too!
? Some Starfish have migrated over to Donald's Dock
November 16, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gdc87065]
? Tweaks to administrative features
? Major Update: Our new loading system is now complete.
This is a HUGE step in the Alpha process. There are only two more major hurdles that we have to conquer throughout Alpha development: Estates and Battles.
? Fix Ice Slide's background flickering through the playing area
? Fix odd Toon HQ door flickering
? Re-add default emotions. Sorry about that!
? Tons of fixes to The Grey leaking into Toontown:
? Wide(er)screen support for Make-a-Toon
? Wide(er)screen support for Loading Screens
? Prevent the Grey from leaking in below the clouds in Robot Thief
? Draw the Jungle of Jungle Vines in leaking Grey Zones
? Actually fix the Grey in the name approval background
? We've tossed the construction sign into the wood chipper: Punchline Place is now open! Head on over to Toontown's first new neighborhood: Donald's Dock.
? Implement Photo Fun
? Minor Whitelist updates to add some community names
? Open the doors of the first Toon HQ. This is a proud day for Toontown.
? Free Ice Cream! In celebration of this major update, Ice Cream has been spread around Toontown Central.
November 15, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g31c9205]
• Fix grey areas showing for Ice Slide, Jellybean reward screen, Treasure Dive, Name Acceptance Screen, and other various areas. More fixes will come over the next few days as you guys point them out.
• We decided to save the last batch of emotes for tomorrow. Be prepared for some awesome updates!
November 14, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g31c9205]
? Fix a bunch of flickering objects, Toon Slingshot being the most notable fix.
? Fix a glitch on Treasure Dive that allowed two toons to grab the same treasure, getting double beans. (Thanks for letting us know!)
? Add Belly Flop, Banana Peel, Laugh, and Cry emotions. Sorry once again for the lack of updates, but brace yourselves for Saturday!
November 13, 2013 [ttr-alpha-da721c8]
? Optimize Chat Bubble code and add a bit more flexibility
? Some more administrative fun. You can now identify TTR Staff Members by Toon Trooper (Yellow) or Resistance Ranger (Green) tags.
? Add Dance, Bow, Applause, and Delighted emotions to reenact Maxlet
November 12, 2013 [ttr-alpha-a7d1c81]
? A few new administrative features. Yes, we are definitely having too much fun.
? Update start positions for players 3 and 4 on Robot Thief
? Fix widescreen Robot Thief GUI
? Add Cringe, Bored, Confused, and Think emotions.
FEEDBACK: Should "Emotions" be renamed to "Animations" to keep with the cartoon theme?
November 11, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g7138782]
? Fix game crash related to Fish Bingo
? Fix bug that caused Bingo cards to not update correctly
? Install a firmware update to Toon T.A.G.S from Loony Labs - Only slight visual improvements
November 10, 2013 [ttr-alpha-9c8b4ff]
? Tons of new administrative features for us to "test" with. Please inform us if you see a staff member having too much fun!
? Fix a district reset when clicking "Bingo"
? Fix a bug where the Bingo reward would be listed as 0
? Fix a bug where previous spaces would be carried over to the next card
? Make Toons shout "BINGO!" when winning
? Update Whitelist to include even more community-suggested words
? Reworked more of SpeedChat based on community suggestions
? Completely redo "Robot Thief" to improve gameplay.
Hopefully you find it more fun than the original! If you like it, we will be making many improvements to the game in the coming days. If you don't, we will put the original "Robot Thief" back in. Please remember that it is only experimental, not a finished game.
November 9, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g5c6d364]
? Many new backend features to help us out with various things
? Fix strange GUI scaling when receiving Jellybeans after a Trolley
? Updated Whitelist to include community-suggested words
? Remove Trolley Transport Tunnel
? Build "Trolley Tracks", a new way of transportation throughout games.
? Upgrade everyone's Bamboo rods to Hardwood
? Increase Jellybean Jar size to 120 - this is only to help with testing
? Add Bingo cards to the Fishing docks. Grab your new rod and play a game of Fish Bingo!
? Implement Toon T.A.G.S. - an invention created by Loony Labs to show the names of toons above their head in a stylized manor.
? Implement the Toon Memory Game
? The Great Umbrella Shortage of 2013 has been resolved! You can now play Toon Slingshot with your friends.
November 8, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g3fceec2]
? Prevent Fisherman Freddy message spam
? Implement Toon Slingshot - Due to a severe umbrella shortage, Toon Slingshot will temporarily only be able to be played by a single toon at a time. Groups will be added soon.
November 7, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g3fceec2]
? A bunch of internal architecture changes.
? Fix a nasty typo that caused clients to crash when hitting non-existent fishing targets.
? Add Catching Game - all credit goes to McQuack! Definitely not Sir Max.
November 6, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g1f22c50]
? Send the server information whenever a client crashes
? Possibly fix some timers being off-sync
? Possibly fix issues where toons would appear to jump or lag to different positions rather than smoothly running. Most noticeable in Tag Game.
? Use melted Ice Rink to build Treasure Dive
? Upgrade all rods to Bamboo
November 5, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g23a3881]
? Fix networking issues that we've been experiencing the past two days. Sorry about that!
? Fix a major memory leak, which caused computer usage to build up over time and eventually cause a "TTREngine.exe has stopped working" crash.
? Fix missing textures on the widescreen fishing GUI.
? Implement Jungle Vines. Come join our expedition!
November 4, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gadab1b3]
? Fix a few cases where the new widescreen support would be switched back to the old. (Entering the trolley, for example)
? Fix a district reset bug
? Show fishing GUI correctly on widescreen
? Implement new Ice Hockey Game
November 3, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gf2e5ea6]
? Fix a crash when clicking "Exit Toontown"
? Add better Anti-Cheat security for fishing
? Play Ring Game music at the correct time so that it doesn't end early
? Improve widescreen support! The game is no longer cut off vertically when resizing the window.
? Put scores in their correct location at the end of Toon Escape
? Fix SpeedChat+ GUI on widescreen windows
? Show correct color for whitelisted words in SpeedChat+
? Implement Tug-of-War Game, as voted by the community
? You can now catch Jellybean Jars and Boots when fishing (You know you missed those boots!)
? Recolor "New Record!" text to be easily distinguishable from "New Species!"
November 2, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g873fb10]
? Fix that pesky "Error 117" disconnection bug
? Perform a vectored I/O to increase network efficiency
? Enable TCP_NODELAY to decrease server ping
? Better detect dead connections to prevent them from running indefinitely
? Fix a major server hang that would caused all other player movement to freeze
? Even more server stability
? Fix Match Minnie music to loop correctly
? Add SpeedChat+ as a thanks for feedback during the Chatless Update. The whitelist is slightly modified based off of common complaints.
? Minor SpeedChat rewording
? Implement Fishing! Currently, only the twig rod is available.
? Implement Toon Escape, a game based off of escaping from a robot factory. Not like we'll ever need to learn that, though!
November 1, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gc6a6c23]
? Fix a bug that would occasionally cause the camera to act up during the Cannon Game.
? Server Stability
? Implement the Race Game. Be sure to head over to our Alpha forum to vote for the next game!
? The Chatless Update is complete! More phrases have been added and cleaned up based on your feedback.
October 31, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g2a2346a]
? Fix a nasty District Reset bug that happens when you disconnect while on a departing Trolley.
? Updated more game sounds to OGG format for smaller size and future Linux support
? In the spirit of Halloween, Flippy is campaigning in Toontown Central by turning cats into black cats.
? By popular demand, Minnie has offered to teach a dance class. You can reach her studio through the Trolley.
? The Chatless Update continues! Popular phrases have been added and rearranged. Send us some feedback to see what other phrases you want in the game!
October 30, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gaf01490]
? Adjust nametag disappearance to work similar to Disney's Toontown
? Fix the "Slendertoon" bug in Make-a-Toon
? Retitle game window
? Ring Game with widescreen support
? Added Alpha SpeedChat phrases
? Implemented oinks, woofs, meows, and other toon sounds. Owooo!
October 29, 2013 [ttr-alpha-g2910f4f]
? Visual Improvements to Nametags
? Fix crash when switching to full screen
? Various server stability improvements
? Added Cannon Game and Toon Tag
October 28, 2013 [ttr-alpha-gafba7f3]
? Initial Release of Toontown Rewritten Alpha
? Engine Upgrades - We're now running Panda3D v1.8.1!
? Rewrote Nametags for optimization and engine compatibility. This is a work in progress, so please excuse the messy looking tags.
? Implemented new loading system via DNA parsing - also work in progress.
? Safeguarded the client against malicious code injection (No more hackers!)
? Logs and screenshots are now stored in their respective folders to eliminate clutter
? Dropped MIDI music format for OGG. This is to plan to support Linux later in development.
? Scrubbed and polished gears to increase overall security and stability
? Basic Gameplay - You can create toons, chat, and play the Maze Game. (Until a proper word filter is set up, only Speedchat is available. This will change very soon.)
? Converted Toontown Central to the new loading method (Other areas will soon follow!)
? Added native 16:9 support (No more stretching when you maximize your game!)
? Recreated a few minor textures for HD and 16:9 support.
? Added more clothing to Make-a-Toon
? Added more chat bubble colors: What other colors do you want to see?
? Implemented new cartoon-themed loading screen - work in progress