how to set up a r4 card
yet another tutorial. this one was made for the r4 gold pro by r4isdhc.com. the process is the same for all flash cards but they require different kernels.
i would highly recommend for you to get the retrogamefan kernel for your r4. it has high game compatiblity, no timebomb and it has a nice and simple interface.
alternatively, you can refer to your r4 manufacturer's website for a download for the official kernel for your specific flash card.requirements
- a micro sd card (standard or sdhc, depending on the cart)
- r4 flashcart
- insert your sd card into your computer.
- format your card under fat32, if you haven't done so already.
- download the kernel for your flashcart. (r4isdhc.com for this cart)
- copy the files to your card.
- get some ds roms and copy them to the root of your card.
- put your sd card into your r4.
you should now have successfully set up a r4 card! enjoy playing your games.← back